Cinco de Queso
Once upon a time a very hungry little girl named Jordan wandered over to the concession stand at the hockey rink. She watched in awe as they poured the yellow-orange nuclear-looking cheese over chips and called it "Nachos."
There's something about that liquid gold that holds a very special place in my heart.
I have since grown (way) out of that type of liquid cheese, and into some "healthier" options. But it's still tons of hot cheese -- so it's still not exactly "healthy" whatever way you choose to spin it.
But. It's still the best thing on planet earth (non-negotiable).
I know it's all-taco-everything tomorrow, but I'm way more excited about seeing how much liquid cheese and tequila I can manage to consume in one sitting. I'm pretty sure that's what "Cinco de Mayo" actually translates to.
Melt it down. Blend it up. Devour.
It's simple. Sure, you could go get some of that queso-in-the-jar from the chips section at the store...but...it sorta is like one of those situations where it's like...just because you can doesn't mean you should.
You picking up what I'm putting down?
Party hardy, y'all!
- 1 1/4 LBS (20 oz) Grafton Cheddar, diced or shredded (1 or 2 Year Aged)
- 1/2 CUP milk
- 1/2 CUP Onion, diced
- 1/4 CUP Anaheim chiles, diced
- 1/4 CUP Jalapenos, sliced
- 1/4 CUP Tomatoes, diced
- 1 TSP Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 TSP Ground Cumin
- 1/2 TSP Ground Black Pepper
- Heat the cheese and milk in double boiler until melted and smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Put mixture in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place Con Queso in a bowl and serve with your favorite chips or vegetable strips.