Sometimes you just need a salad that isn't full of nutrients, and superfoods, and dark leafy greens. Sometimes you need one with tons of cheese and dressing and bread on top.
And that's OKAY!
To make you feel a little better though, we should make our own croutons to cover the salad in. Once you see how easy (and how much more delicious) homemade croutons are, you'll never go back to those bagged ones.
Just cut the bread up into cubes, coat with your olive oil, garlic, and sea salt mixture, and throw it in the oven. In 15 minutes, you'll have super fresh croutons, and the only excuse you'll ever need to never go back to store-bought.
- 4 SLICES French Bread, cubed
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2-3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TSP Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375F, line baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Cut bread into cubes
- Mince garlic
- Combine bread, olive oil, and salt in bowl, make sure the bread is coated in the mixture
- Spread out on the baking sheet
- Place in oven, bake for 15-18 minutes (depending on size of cubes)
- Remove from oven, let cool, enjoy!