Garlic + Herb Cheddar Crackers
Been on a bit of a Goldfish jag lately. I won't name names, but sometimes friends aren't the best snack time influences. I'm not saying it's not fun to feel like an 8 year old again with some pizza Goldfish.
But...downing an entire bag of them in one sitting is probably recommended by 0 out of all doctors.
I decided I could justify this cheesy cracker bender by making my own. Homemade makes it acceptable, right? Right.
I'm also pretty jazzed that this recipe has like...3 ingredients. Never upset about a ridiculously easy recipe.
Literally. Cheese, flour, butter...okay, and water. But water doesn't really count.
+ Process + Roll Out + Cut + Bake + Enjoy until gone. Repeat recipe. Eat again.
Rolling out dough is one of my favorite things. Good thinking time. Not to get super deep, but I feel like I end up having some pretty decent life-epiphanies during this time.
I learned a lot during this recipe. Mostly how bad I am at cutting out squares of the same size.
I poked the little Cheez-it hole for funsies. Because, why not?
They are like little pillows of cheesy, cracker-y happiness.
Of course you can always make them a little thinner (1/8th of an inch, instead of 1/4) for a cracker with more crunch to it -- I just decided on pillowy, 1/4in. ones this time around.
Oh, and shout out to my roommate for having some super cute bowls. Expect to see some more of these babies soon.
- 1 CUP Flour
- 8 OZ. Garlic + Herb Cheddar Cheese (Cabot has a good one!), shredded
- 4 TBSP Butter, chilled
- 4 TBSP cold water or milk
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine the shredded cheese, flour, and butter in a food processor. Process and pulse until it becomes a crumbly mixture.
- Add cold water (or milk) in 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing between.
- Once mixture sticks together, roll into a ball on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin. You want to end up with dough that's between 1/8th and 1/4th inches thick.
- Cut dough into squares (or whatever shape makes you happiest) and lay out on two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.