Cheddar Potato Breakfast Hash
So. It's been a while. A real long while.
New year, lots of changes -- sometimes a break is really necessary! Thanks for your patience y'all.
Currently, I'm drowning in potatoes. Sweet, red, purple, white. I'm always looking for a way to use up a ton of them at once, so I decided to flip through Cabot's (beautiful, brand new) cookbook to get inspired.
Tons of potatoes + Cabot's brand spanking new cookbook = Cheddar Potato Breakfast Hash.
Want to get your hands on a copy of this beautiful new cookbook and a years-worth of Cabot cheese? Not really a question, right? Obviously you do. Enter here y'all!
I would love to have a years supply of this Cabot Farmhouse Reserve -- any other cheddar just seems boring compared to their new aged cheddars. This stuff is good enough for any fancy cheese plate.
Anyways, this breakfast doesn't feel complete until topped with an egg sunny side up (or...scrambled, because you totally messed up the first egg...). Maybe some toast? Bacon if you're feeling really crazy?
Aaaaand after one shot the yolk busted.
- 3 CUPS Idaho + Sweet Potato, chopped into 1in pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 CUP Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, shredded
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Rosemary
- Salt + Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Using whatever potatoes you have (I had a ton of sweet and Idaho potatoes at the time), peel and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Mince garlic
- In a bowl, combine potato, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Coat potato evenly.
- Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes
- After roasting, combine in center of the pan and top with cheese. 2 more minutes in the oven melts the cheese!
- Top with eggs, add a side of bacon, VIOLA! Breakfast of champions.